Wednesday 27 May 2015

Quick write photo

In class we have been working on a quick write for this we had to use complex sentences and short sharp sentences.  We also had to bass it on this Picture, which had won the Auckland photo competition. 

ManuelToribio-THE%20FLIGHT[1].jpg

The seagulls were soaring up above me. As I read that letter, it made the moment of happiness die down.  I wanted to go free. I took off my shoes, felt the rough dry wood of the wharf under my solid feet. I looked around to see if there was any other way. My brother had done this before. I remember the look on his face as he wobbled in. I stood still. Thinking, focusing,  waiting for that moment.

My heart was pounding in beat of the waves. I got ready to jump. My legs gave way and within a few seconds I felt the freedoms streaming through my blood.
Head first into the freezing water. As my wobbly legs smashed into the glassy sea, I then knew I had done it. I forgot all about the letter and my brother but I knew he would have been proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment